Colonoscopy and endoscopy clean but having major symptoms. What is wrong with me?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Starting when I was 4 my stomach would hurt a lot. It went away until early teen years when I was between the ages of 13-17 I started bleeding while going to the bathroom. I would usually go around 3 times to 4 times a day. It was always water with lots of mucus and blood mixed in. I had sever abdominal pain around the belly button above it , below it, and to the left of it. I would get really bloated and extremely nauseous. I also lost almost 25 pounds in a month/two month period. I went in for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and they found a little bit of inflammation but don’t think it’s anythinf serious. They are waiting for biopsy results to return. My blood cell counts are also kinda funny. My white blood cells are always low while my MPV (platelets” are always high. I have low lymphocyte counts and high neutrofil counts. What could this all mean? I have been going through hell for years . This is an ongoing everyday thing. Us patients are our own bed advocates . I could REALLY use advice ! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also sorry for grammar errors. I am tired.
  • Posted

Were you given a fecal calprotectin test? Weere the levels high if you had one?  What has your doctor suggested? Bleeding suggests either haemorrhoids, fissures or IBD.  Your biospy results will tell you more.
    • Posted

I don’t believe so. I know I took stool samples and they found blood. They already checked me for hemorrhoids and fissures but didn’t find anything.. all my symptoms lean towards Crohn’s disease but now they aren’t sure because they didn’t see a whole lot with my scope. Hopefully the biopsy results will say a lot!
    • Posted

With a biopsy, the sample will be examined under a microscope, so if it is Crohns, it should show up.  If you have it, it is treatable, so don’t worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.