Colonoscopy clear is this Ibs?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For 2 years I been having bowel issues, mucus with snd without stool, right side abdominal pain, back pain, I have to pass stool twice or 3 times a day. My stools are mostly hard pebbles or lose..IThere are days where I pass lots of gas..I had a colonoscopy today and it was all clear thank God but why do I have all these symptoms?? I only have internal  hemmorids. Does this mean is ibs or not?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  What did your doctor say?
    • Posted

She said it sounded like IBS but she was going to take a look..She just said everything was clear at the end of the colonoscopy and that I only had internal hemorrhoids..The paper just says clear rectum and colon..Internal hemorrhoids.  Do I need to test positive for something to be IBS? I have basically all the symptoms.
    • Posted

IBS does not show on scans; there is no test for IBS.  IBS is diagnosed when everything else has been ruled out.  IBS is a functional condition and does not affect the structure of the bowel.  Go back to your doctor and ask if she can now identify your symptoms as IBS or if further testing is necessary to rule out more causes.
  • Posted

What the Doc. say because it could be you are not eating enough fiber. Could it be mild case of diverticulosis.
    • Posted

Yes they did mention I should consume more fiber on my diet, more water etc.
  • Posted

hi marilut0387,,the symptoms that you say you are getting does sound like you do have ibs, and as you have had tests by your doctor to rule out other things then i think that you are suffering from  ibs
    • Posted

Thanks marsh23433, Yes nothing was found and I have all the symptoms so I was wondering if it was considered ibs then or if I had to test positive on something to be Ibs.. Blood work, ultrasound, xrays and colonoscopy all clear just that the symptoms are there so thats what worries me. 
    • Posted

Have you looked into food intolerances ? It's a big factor for a lot of people with ibs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.