colonoscopy done, no issues found. What next for incontinence

Posted , 4 users are following.

colonoscopy done today, absolutely perfect they said

They gave me no idea's about my incontinence issue, this really ruins my life. Which is why I went through this colonoscopy in hopes of figuring it out. At a loss again, any more tips people with this issue can share please!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you any other symptoms such as abdominal pain?Have you tried a food diary to see if a food is causing it? What did you doctor say?

• Posted

There is medication available for incontinence. Ask your doctor for a prescription.

• Posted

Yes get abdominal pain from time to time, lower right. Which is why I was sent for the colonoscopy.

haven't done a food diary but have tried no dairy diet and high fibre diet. From what i've experienced more fibre is what makes my issue worse.

Medication for incontinence?! if that's the case why would my make doctor make me go through a colonscopy without even trying that?! What's a name for this medication?

• Posted

uhh guess I should make it clearer, fecal incontinence

• Posted

I have a gluten intolerance and that makes my stools very loose and I leak sometimes. High fibre also makes me go more as well. When I cut out bread, pastries, biscuits, cakes etc my stools return to normal. I don't buy the gluten free alternatives as they are very high in sugar. I also carry spare pants and wet wipes when out, just in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.