colonoscopy Endioscopy and polps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so went for my appointment today. After drinking the worst prep drinks. I was vommiting in my mouth.

Woke up to then go to get my scans done results will be given in 2 weeks.

They found ulcers in my stomach. Plus polps 2 of then in my colon. Both now removed gone for testing. He thinks none cancerous. But said surprised to find polps given my age.

I didnt expect to find anything just thought ibs. Should I be worried now? Whats the likely hood I will get more? Pleased I got tested but hated the prep sad wanted to add the photos but dont know how to do this here.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi the fact that they have found apolyp means you will need to have follow up procedures every 5 years. I was told to consider myself lucky as there are thousands of people walking around not knowing they have them and they can turn nasty if not detected and removed
    • Posted

Thank you for respponse Babs. He said the same to me that by the time I hit 50 it would have been a different story. Will see what he says in 2 weeks.
  • Posted

Glad its over, the prep is horrid but has to be taken.  You should get a follow up appointment to see the doctor, you can ask him/her then what the chances are of the polyps recurring, also ask if you need dietary advice regarding the ulcers.  Good luck smile
    • Posted

Hi Carol thank you for responding.I will write all my questions down to ask him in two weeks for all my results from liver tests and polyp results. He perscribed me Pariet. I sould have really asked questions then but didnt. Just came home with the photos if the polyps and stomach ulsers.
  • Posted

Depends on the type of polyp. If they are adenomas which are the most common they can become cancerous if left to grow. If that's what they are you will have to return for another colonoscopy in 5 years as you will be likely to develop more of them (not necessarily in the same spot).

Nothing to be that worried about for now as they've been found and removed. So it's a good job you had a colonoscopy.

• Posted

Thank you PaulBen for responding. Here was me thinking I was wasting the spot with me doing the tests. Was convinced nothing would be there and he would say ibs.

Find out in 2 weeks what type.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.