Colonoscopy Pathology Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

What could it mean if the dr wants me to come in person to discuss the pathology results in detail?

Had ulcerative colitis for about 5 years, mostly in remission.  Had a flare since November and just had 2ndd colonoscopy since November at beginning of March. Findings showed some inflammation but she didn’t seem overly concerned at the time of procedure. 

Dr has never needed to see me in person to results the test before and it’s got me a little nervous.   Appointment is on Monday...

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I can understand why you would be nervous, but the fact is that it's been a few months now and your inflammation may not be getting better, and the pathology results may even show that it's gotten worse (spreading to new areas up the colon). Your doctor may want to discuss new medication treatment with you that will help get the inflammation back under control like it was before the flare-up. We always think the worst, I know, but you can't do anything until your appointment, so just let it go for now and deal with the news when you know. I wish you the best!

• Posted

Thanks!  Trying not to worry!  Hopefully it will be about a new medication!

Thank you!

• Posted

Try not to worry, GP is probably being thorough and may wish to discuss recent flare and how to go forwards! Worry and anxiety can only make matters worse! Try to look on the bright side! It's good that the GP wants to discuss matters with you! Monday - be here before you know it! Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks!  Definitely easy to worry but I ei try to relax and wait to see what it’s all about.  

Thank you!

• Posted

I just had a colonoscopy myself and don’t remember talking to my Dr afterwards, but he did take biopsy on several polyps to test for cancer. Paperwork and my pictures of my colon say that the COLON IS NORMAL. I’m not sure what this means, but I will find out when we meet! Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.