Colonoscopy photos

Posted , 8 users are following.

When you have diverticulitis how does it look through a colonoscopy? Do you see tiny holes pouches ? Even if you don’t have an infection??i has mine postpone till next Monday. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes you can see them quite clearly on the screen as they are doing it.
  • Posted

The colonoscopy doctor sees, and the picture shows, little outpouchings, like pockets on a pool table, or a hole in the golf green..  Supposedly they don't give you pain if they are not infected, but I don't believe it.  I had pain for months even when I had no fever.    The pain was often on the left, the sigmoid area.   However, the last Cat scan showed diverticula only very low down, just above the rectum.  It's been 5 months since my last episode.   I healed quicker this time.  I had to take the antibiotics for 6 weeks.   The flagyl gives me a horrible numbness in my hands.   Anyway, I'm mostly vegan now.  I'm juicing every day.  Eating and drinking living food.  The philosophy is more water and more sunshine in my food.   I'm following Joe Cross.  His 2nd movie is "Overfed and Undernourished".  His website is RebootwithJoe.  I haven't felt this well in 10 years.  Best of luck with your colonoscopy prep.   Drink a ton of water with it.   If you're not totally clean they can't see what you want them to see.  God Bless.

• Posted

I was knocked out with propofol for mine , I did wake up in alot of pain. Not sure why. Took a few days to subside.
  • Posted

They always put me under.

I go to sleep and next thing I hear is the nurse waking me up saying, all done. My Anesthesiologist is awesome, I always wake up with a feeling of euphoria.

The doctor goes over my reults at the follow-up visit, on the computer and shows me what he observed.

• Posted

Is it a colonoscopy that they do on you? If so the pain right after is due to the air they put in your colon The colon walls are weak when you have pulps ( thin in places) and the air some what pushes on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.