Colonoscopy prep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone used Klean prep before colonoscopy. Tomorrow is prep day 😟 So worried

0 likes, 38 replies

Report / Delete

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ella, I don't know about it but hope it goes well.

I called Drs today and receptionist said results are back and dr has seen them but he hasn't rung me. Scared but I'm thinking if it was bad he would of called me asap x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's good, what time is your app tomorrow?

Dr just rung me, he said its all benign. I would like a letter confirming this but the hospital said they don't do that. I double checked with dr that the polyp was ok and he said yes all biopsies were benign. So I'll take his word for it!!!😆xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeyyyyy I'm so so happy for u! Go celebrate now 😄😄

I need to b in the hospital at 7 am but it might take hours till I actually get to do it. Hope il be one of the first so I can get it over and done with. I seem to have calmed down with the loo. Had a bad hour and now nothing. Have to take another 2 sachets this evening. Hope I remain this way .... Just abit tired and getting hungry .

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I can finally focus on things now. I have a months holiday with my little girl in June to Spain so now I can think of that again!

Good luck for tomorrow and I will be thinking of you xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks. What fun u can look forward to a great time with her. If all goes well planning to take my little boy to legoland but I'm scared to book flights just in case things don't go wel tomorrow. Hopefully can come book them tomorrow.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Really hope so. I want my kids to have a normal childhood not a difficult one cos of me.

Been to the loo a few more times now. Nothing awful though! It's 28 degrees outside and I'm wearing 3 layers so I'm guessing my blood pressure is going down.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

28 degrees, so jealous!!! Yes I got cold too and the not eating doesn't help. That for me was the worst bit, nearly 30 hours with no food!!!😡😂X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Prob same amount of time and I feel like anything in sight .... And food I normally don't crave for. Hope I won't b up all night in the loo. Have to start next sachet in an hour and still going from the previous 2 sachets 😳
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for asking. I'm in recovery at the moment. They said slight inflammation but all looks ok. They took some biopsies but they said doesn't look like the big c at all.

Waiting for surgeon to ask more questions. Will let you know when I know more xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I'm home 😄 I was asleep throughout the procedure ... Very happy about that! Dr said no abnormalities were found but decided to take biopsies of various areas go to be 100% sure before giving me the all clear for next 5 years. He is confident all will be ok 😄😄😄 were the biopsies taken of polyps ?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's great. Do you know what may cause your pain? Yes I had 16 biopsies and a polyp removed. All were clear just showed inflammation and polyp was benign 😊 The medication I'm on has already stopped the blood so will have next colonoscoy in 5 years but I'll choose to do it in 3 x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That sounds very good indeed. Well done! You probably weren't asleep by the way because they ask you to do things during the procedure but it can feel like it. I had one (different) procedure once years ago where I was convinced I was asleep but the consultant was an acquaintance of mine and they had CCTV in the room and he showed me the film and I was talking away to him. I had no memory of it at all and just assumed I had been asleep. It felt quite odd but I was quite happy to think I was asleep. Have a nice restful day. You may feel a bit tetchy in the gut for a few days but that passes.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow 16!! They didn't tell me how many were taken. Hopefully all will be clear. I feel soooooo relieved 😄😄 thanks so much for being in touch, u really helped me through this
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Haha I wonder if I said loads of rubbish. So glad it's over! My sofa will be my best buddy for the day as I'm exhausted but doubt my 7 year old will let me sleep haha as long as I can relax il b fine. What a relief!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was so starving I went to a very nice relaxed restaurant near Victoria Station and eat the best part of a chicken with roast potatoes. This proved to be a little unwise....
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Haha I was given a sandwich in hospital and now that I'm home took scrambled eggs on toast. Will try keep light today. They told me no red meat and spices for today but I barely eat any of those anyway.

Tummy still cramping but not as bad as I thought at least. Worried about first bowel movement but hopefully that will be tomorrow

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It will bloat a bit for a few days probably. Poor thing doesn't quite know what's going on! Bowel movements are normally fine although colour and consistency can be a bit weird for a day or two. You might also get a bit of blood spotting for a few days. All of this is very normal and the relief that it's all over and you're going to be fine is more than enough to keep you cheerful. I actually found my symptoms improved too. I don't think a good clear out once in a while does any harm. You have also doubtless had underlying sub-conscious stress about what might be wrong and conscious stress about the procedure. You wouldn't be human if you didn't. You can let that all go now and truly relax. After a week or so it will be only a memory.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh yes having the relief of it being over and done with will work wonders I'm sure..... 😀 Had a little nap and feeling so much better. Haven't slept well for a few nights now. Think il b in bed by 8pm tonight haha
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The settling down is usually very minor. More like the gut finding its rhythm. And it is filling up from empty. It's a minor inconvenience usually. It's like an argument compared with a war lol
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up