Colonoscopy prep

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had loose raggy bowel movements about 6 times per day for 3 weeks. i have a possible fissure and lots if skin tags. there is some blood when i wipe . i have been refered for an urgent sigmoidoscopy. however i was in so much pain i went to emergency the dr there asked for a colonoscopy. no date as yet. i am worried about the prep as when i have loose bm the burning is horrific and wonder if anyone else been in this situation how they dealt with prep. thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you could ask for some suppositories to help settle your bottom while you are waiting for the date .

• Posted

Hi, Mary, I wonder what is giving you the burning... high acid content? Maybe taking some baking soda in clean water might help... or Tums, Maalox, etc... but I'd ask the Doc... and maybe, if you have good insurance, you should ask to be checked into the hospital for the prep and the test... they can give you what you need for any pain and you might be less anxious and more comfortable... My brother had a bad GI bleed... but they can fix most anything these days, so keep your chin up!

I just had a Cologuard test come back positive, so am a little nervy myself right now!

• Posted

I too had a recent Cologuard test come back "positive"... I posted this in response to my frustration after several calls to Cologurad seeking more detailed info:

Cologuard, IMHO... is a total FRAUD. They say they test 11 different "bio-markers"... and for blood. Two stool samples are sent in... two different containers... yet... the ONLY result they will give is either "positive"... or "negative"... additionally, they say that the FDA has not given any guidelines as to the "bio-markers" and what would indicate a positive or negative result... I called Cologuard and asked them to send me the results in raw form... the "bio-markers" and the blood test results... they refused. I asked them why, if they, in fact, actually did the tests... why they could not print out the specifics of the results and mail them to me and my Gastroenterologist... they had no answer. I think this may be a criminal SCAM... preying on people who are concerned about colon cancer and are trying to avoid a colonoscopy... it is a DISGRACE.

I just ordered a FIT test 2nd generation on Ebay for less than $20... IF it shows positive... I will grit my teeth and have a colonoscopy... but do not panic... the Cologuard might be worthless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.