Colonoscopy Prep - red dye by accident

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello - anyone have any experience with reading that you can mis Suprep with Crystal Light only to find out the fruit punch has the bad red dye in it ...?  I had the first portion of the 2 tonight at 6 and am supposed to do second portion tomorrow 5:30a.m. which obviously I won't mix with the fruit punch?  Just worried about false results and will the dr. want to cancel the whole thing after I've gone through this? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When I did Mine I could not have no red or purple drinks false readings is why best too you Powerade or Gatorade drinks instead no red or.purple just blue,green orange,clear frosted cherry is ok and yellow no pink yea I went non stop til the day I did mine it only took 20 minutes on mine they found a polyp which was 5 cm and I just had half my colon removed I was nervous on that but I did it that was done 2 and a half months ago robotic surgery is what I had fast recovery time. Just keep on drinking clear liquids.
    • Posted

Here in the states is different we can't have that no red or purple and drink.clear.liquids and stop it at midnight no drinking til after the colonoscopy .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.