Colonoscopy prep so nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have Diverticulosis, getting my colonoscopy tomorrow, getting ready to start prep, drink. Has anyone had this while feeling yuk, for a month now. Bloating, gas, spasms. Cat Scan and blood work show no signs of Flare up, so nervous 😟 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had a colonoscopy not during an attack but during a bad IBS episode. Your just gonna feel really drained. When you think nothing else could possibly come out, it can. Good luck! I hope you get results with a resolution. I’m new to Diverticulitis trying to figure out the diet part.
    • Posted

The diet part is still hard for me, how did you know you have IBS? I did stool samples and my results came back today as all normal. But I’m bloated a lot, belchy and gassy. It’s hard to figure out diet. Best wishes to you. Hugs
    • Posted

I don’t think there is a test to show IBS. I think it’s diagnosed by symptoms. My entire life I either have diarrhea mostly and sometimes constipation. I also suffer from anxiety. The 2 go hand in hand usually. 
    • Posted

Yeah anxiety and panic attacks started when I got DD. So I know what ya mean. 
  • Posted

Good luck to you. The prep can be trying, but there are far worse things! Please keep us posted 
  • Posted

Hi Vickie 

how are you feeling after your colonoscopy?  I know you were very nervous so I am hoping it was not too bad?

hopefully this will give you some answers .  Keep us posted

a

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.