Colonoscopy prep - split or same day

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Originally my colonoscopy procedure was schedule at 0830 on Monday morning (tomorrow). The instructions provided by the NHS hospital was to take tablets at 12, sachet (Citra Fleet) at 1 then another sachet (Citra Fleet) at 5pm.

The colonoscopy was rescheduled to 1.30pm on Monday. They provided me with no further details. Do I still do the same prep schedule or stagger, one sachet this afternoon, and one tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zimmme, i would do the prep as the hospital advised you. If u take the sachet tomorrow morning u will still be emptying out for hours afterwards and rather be safe than sorry, its better your at home for as many hours as possible whilst that's going on. After my 2nd sachet which i had at 6pm, i was running to the toilet throughout the night but i know other people have stopped after a few hours.
  • Posted

Thanks!

But i've seen loads of NHS leaflets suggesting different routines for an afternoon appointment?!

• Posted

My appointment was an afternoon one, Zimme. Providing you don't eat anything you are not supposed to, you will be completely empty after the preps.. Hard, I know. I went from 12 noon to 5.30 the next day with only clear fluids and nothing on the day...Good luck
  • Posted

Yes, the preps are there to empty you so as Babs said as long as u don't eat anything, taking them on the times the hospital said will be fine. My last meal was at 8am on a Thurs and i didn't eat again until 1pm the following day. It does take its toll, considering u are also clearing your system completely but its over very quickly. Hope it goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.