Colonoscopy result/Diverticula

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please could someone explain these results, what it means, I was told somethings, didn;t totally under stand. Some of the writing is missing, i have lost the later. Still waiting for biopsy results, had it done on 19th April .Thank you.mary

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I understand some of this. You have diverticular disease, which means you have little pockets within your lower bowel or sigmoid area. The doctor recommends a sachet of fybogel each day, which is what i take for the same condition to help provide good fibre in my diet. The doctor also recommends you drink plenty of water to help keep your bowels moving along, which is good advice for anyone really . I don't know the bit about oedema however the NHS web site says it is an area which is swollen by virtue of fluid retention. I don't know how this relates to difficult disease, perhaps someone else can help.

Many of us on this forum could easily have a report similar to yours, so don't panic. Wait and see what the biopsy reports say. Best wishes.

• Posted

I agree with Alexandra. Don't panic. If there were really out of the ordinary things this would have been highlighted with recommendations for further examinations. You should book a double appointment with your Dr and discuss it in detail.

• Posted

I had the same diagnosis with a few more words ‘back to consultant’ written on my results . Not heard anything since so not sure what the outcome will be.
  • Posted

Thank you for explaining it to me. I have had a few problems, when i am stressed, i have been on toilet all day, aching, fatigue, different types of bowel movements, blood. In september i had keyhole surgery to repair a hernia and acid reflux, after i had bleeding from backside and nearly soiled myself a number of times. My Sister has it, but she just has wind and little bit of aching. The colonscopy was brutal also .
  • Posted

This sounds to be more than simple diverticulitis disease. You need to have an in depthsession with your Dr with a referral to a gastroenterologist.
  • Posted

Thank you Jeremy, i can be okay for weeks on end, but then it can mean me not going out because i feel unwell, i have had aching in my pelvis also, not sure if related. I spoke to Doctor today as he rang me, they are waiting for biopsy results and go from there,
    • Posted

It's a shame that part of the results are missing.  Certain types of mucosa can be related other bowel conditions like colitis.  But you really need to have a long talk with your GP about the results.  It's very bad that you haven't had the biopsy results but also good, as it means that they didn't see signs of anything serious or they would have reported back much quicker.  The advice on water, Fybogel and diet should help until you get a definitive diagnosis.

• Posted

Insist that your Dr goes on -line and gets the biopsy results. He or she is best able to advise you. All I can say as some who who has been suffering to a greater or lesser extent since since 2006 that one get used to the pain it seems to decrease over time but never goes away. we have good times and bad but  most of us seem so manage the various aspects of our differing symptoms and problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.