Colonoscopy results

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently posted in fear that i was suffering from colorectal cancer. I'm posting this today because I want to reach out to someone who may be going through what i put myself through for the past few weeks. My symptoms included:

?abdominal pain

?frequent BM's (5-8 times per day)

flat stools consistently for three months straight

?constipation and diarrhea

?blood on toilet paper

?the flat stool is what really worried me. I spent hours and hours online researching what it could be and doctor google had me convinced that i had a tumor blocking my intestines. that was simply not true. please, do not think that if you have flat stool that you have cancer. when i tell you mine were flat consistently, i mean every single time i went to the bathroom, they were flat. Dont make me include a picture. I want someone out there who is going through what i went through to stop worrying. of course, get the colonoscopy like i did. get your peace of mind. but dont believe google when they say that flat stools are cancer. that is simply a myth.

?My results came back normal. Medium internal hemmorhoids were noted. No cancer, no colitis, no ulcers, no infection, no inflammation. Just stress and IBS. Please, if youre out there googling for enough hours to have a PHD in digestive health like i was, just put the computer down. Get your exam and quit worrying. The exam was also quite easy, although the prep sucked. Didnt feel a thing. Hope this helps someone avoid the awful situation i put myself in!

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Great advice! I still use Dr Google even after 31/2 years without a problem after emergency colorectal surgery. I agree, it can be full of contradictions and gloom. I tell myself not to use it, but give in at times. Looking for reassurance I suppose. I've just had my gall bladder removed and am waiting for the inevitable complications to begin.   Sigh... 

• Posted

Thank you for this it has cheered me up a little the googling has become a source of amusement in my house. The dr doesn't think in need a colonoscopy which is good but in other ways it doesn't put my mind at rest!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.