Colonoscopy results

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I had my colonoscopy last week I rang the drs today for results of 8x biopsys taken! The receptionist told me they were back but the Dr needs to read them....and for me to call back in a few days?!! I askes if it was serious would they tell me now? She explained that it would have urgent marker to read on it! So presumably this meant ir wasn't however couldn't she just tell me it was all clear if it was? The fact the Dr has to see them before she can tell me does this mean there is something? Or could it still come back clear? Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ive just had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago were 10 biopsys were taken from a colon polyp. I asked my surgeon at the time if he was worried about the polyp and he said no he was not overly concerned.

From that i took that they can usually tell from polyp wether it shows signs of cancer.

My results came back has low grade which is good however ive just had my polyp removed last week and are waiting again for my biopsy results .

Again i asked my surgeon after polyp removal if he thought it was cancerous and he said not , however it still has to be tested to rule out completely.

From my experience i think if they suspect anything sinister they can tell when you have colonoscopy.

Try not to worry .

• Posted

Just to add on to that as well your notes would have been flagged as urgent if any concerns. I had a call from my surgeons secretary as they wanted to move my appointment forward so i instantly went into panic mode , the Secretary said to me its nothing urgent as your notes are not red flagged.
    • Posted

Thankyou I dont think its anything terrible...they said at the time it looked healthy! I just thought if they'd found nothing she could've told me on the phone....hopefully find out soon thank you

• Posted

I doubt it means anything from what you say but to be honest you will just have to be patient and wait because guessing isn’t going to make you feel any better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.