Colonoscopy Results: Flat Polyps

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello dear reader, i hope you are doing just fine 😃 My name is Rigzi and i am 19 years old. these past 2 months, i had some worrisome symptoms that are driving me crazy. last month i had some small amount of blood after pooping, after 2 weeks i think, i had small amounts of bleeding again, and after 1 week again, but then it stopped. i had some kind of constipation (but i dont think i can call it like that because, i only had constipation for 2 or 3 days). i had (still have) some abdominal discomfort, some pain, but its mild. but last week i think, i had the worst abdominal pain ever, i even thought my aorta was ruptured or something, i was scared a lot. then the doctor asked me to do a lot of stool tests, which all of them came out normal, just one kinda didn't, FOBT (hidden blood in feces) came out to be Positive. the doctor said that i am fine, it might have been bcz of hemorrhoids or something that is not serious. then i did a colonoscopy, and the doctor told me what i had, he said that i had a really twisted/distorted kind of colon, and i also have some small (1 millimeters) flat polyps, which some of them were taken for further tests. the doctor said its nothing serious, dont worry. i really hope it's nothing serious. but yeah, i am scared af, in depression and full of health anxiety

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ugh, I know the feeling. I had a colonoscopy and they found a flat polyp but it's not cancerous. The problem is sooner or later it will become it. So I am having a colonscopy ESD to remove it. I am told the flat ones are usually benign but do have to be removed. See if they can hurry up the results, tell them you are very upset. Sometimes that helps. Also, try drinking chamomile tea to calm your nerves. Do research because sometime knowledge can put your fears to rest. I hope that helps!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.