Colonoscopy results please read

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi would just like to say if anyone is concerd about having bowel cancer then please stop worrying and listen to your gp 

I was so convinced my symptoms were 

Blood in stool 

Adominal pain 

Always bloated like always 

And flat stools for about a mouth constantly 

And lost about a stone in weight (no joke) 

Colonoscopy came  back as nothing wrong maybe a litttle touch of ibs,blood was due to a pile what passed and rest stress related,so please don't put your self threw  so much torment like I did,it has ruined my life for the past 10 weeks so much so I just payed 1650 pounds for a person to say stop listening to your mind and listen to your gp lol 

The actully Colonoscopy is nothing to worry about no pain at all,prep was the annoying part 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's good that nothing serious was found charliee94

the prep isn't nice-unfortunately in my case the colonoscopy was very painful (they found a tumour-which was removed 2015)  - causing constipation and some pain. (there was cancer in my family-that is why-it is in my genes-)

Like yourself I was terrified of the whole procedure but unfortunately it was cancer that was diagnosed-

We are all different with different medical conditions - and we all feel things differently.

I will have to have another colonoscopy in just under 2 years (by that time I will be well into my 70's)!

Some time after my surgery I had consultations with a MacMillan Counsellor -for a few months-and sent them a donation afterwards.

Stay well-and be glad you are well !

• Posted

Hi Susan 

Really sorry to hear that news about yourself,hope your fighting it and make speedy recovery 

I'm 22 and I've read quite a lot of posts of people similar in my age group worried about this disease so just trying to reassure them that it is a really rare cancer to get at our age and I had all the symptoms and turned out to be ibs and stress 

• Posted

Dear Susan I'm so sorry your news wasn't good I hope your colonoscopy from now on turn out ok I wish you the best tonie

• Posted

Hi Charlie 94 I'm so glad you are ok I'm glad you have peice of mind take care tonie

• Posted

I m glad that everything was ok with you , but that's not the case with everyone , and these days GPs are useless , my mum has had stomach pain and other problems for years , kept going to the GPs and they said it was IBS , finally got sent for tests and she's got a 10cm tumour growth and it's cancer, so at the end of the day if you have something wrong with your body saying that people shouldn't worry or stress is not great advice because the sooner the tests are done the sooner a person will know , if you don't worry about it you won't go to your GP enough and it will be too late . It's better to stress over nothing and put pressure on these useless GPs then to do nothing and sit back , and while things are good with you now my personal advice would be to keep going and checking everything out in the future if it all continues and you keep getting the symptoms.  As for listening to your GP again no they don't have a clue , do your own research seek independent advice . A GP over the phone once told me I was fat when I requested my pill repeat prescription, just because I weight 70kg , and didn't know the difference between fat and muscle weight , as I do body building lift heavy weight 5 days a week i m heavy yet I m tiny in size . So no gps don't know everything, they cut corners and try and save as much money as possible these days because they have been told to and their practice gets more funding if they refer less people , meaning lives that could be saved are lost because they don't do the referrals , the medical institutions in this country is a bad joke and shocking as this is not a 3rd world country. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.