Colonoscopy Tomorrow

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'll be starting Suprep tonight.  Any tips on how to make this go better?  I picked up a prescription for anti-nausea medicine.  Has anyone tried numbing their mouth before having to drink their prep with Listorine, ice, or Chloreseptic?  Very nervous about this entire process. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I drank mine with ice cubes and used a straw still doesn't taste that good but it helped

• Posted

It was not as bad as others describe but I guess we are all different.  The procedure was fine did not even know when he inserted the camera as did not feel anything. I was sedated but could see what's going on in the screen but did not take much notice.  Do not worry too much I had mine as if nothing had happened no side-effects but he did remove a polyp and had to wait for 4 weeks to get results.  Goodluck fortomorrow.

• Posted

Emilie

Not sure why you needed a prescription for anti nausea, unless of course, the general anesthesia makes you sick after you wake up.

Everybody is different... I was one who drank that stuff little by little ... took me nearly 20 hours to drink it>> most people just drink it and get it over with. Lol, although it tasted like 'canal water'... which I've never drank>> IF I can drink it, anybody can.

Some people watch TV and/or take magazines into the bathroom. I was in the hospital for other issues, so didn't have the luxury of the tv in the bathroom.

For me, it did come thru a few hours after drinking the prep. It's not a fun experience, but far from being terrible. It's worth going thru, so the Gastroenterolgist can clearly see if everything is looking right.

In California this procedure generally is done with general anesthesia. For cowards like me, that works just fine. Ya get to sleep thru the whole thing. General anesthesia can make me nauseous. They put something (don't know name) into my IV to curb

the nausea.

Good luck... you will get through this!

• Posted

I got sedation that also included a anti sickness and a pain killer. I found that the 1st time I had to take the bowel prep it made me very nauseated and unfortunately it made me throw up . Once over I had fish chips and a gallon of tea for my evening meal no problems good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.