Colonscopy really worried

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm in a real mess

I was meant to have a colonscopy 6 weeks ago but cancelled last minute since then stomach pain has got worse and so has nausea. Lost 5kg in 3 months ( got told that is because I'm diabetic and changed my diet) also blood when I wipe which I've been told is piles.

Feel really unwell and I'm petrified it's bowel cancer. After what I've read I am worried it's going to be too painful to have done. I'm really struggling

Why can't they give everyone virtual colonscopy and save the pain

0 likes, 158 replies

158 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Dan. Yes, I worried about hospital loo visits too, but was cleaned out in time. As Ethermail said, they can time everything properly. My report said that the preparation was very good. You'll be on a high afterwards and will enjoy some solid food! I asked the taxi driver to stop on the way home and bought an enormous carrot cake. Which country are you from by the way? Try not to worry! Easy to write I know, but all will be well very soon. 
    • Posted

Ah. Just wondered. Got confused with the times of some posts. About 11 am where I am. Tues morning in NZ. Hope you sleep ok. Cheers. 
    • Posted

Ok

I had my kidneys checked 3 months ago because there is chance of problems if you have bad kidneys. Came back ok but now have back pain

• Posted

I have moderately bad kidneys but as you get older you have to makes compromises and prioritise risks, plus they do play these things ultra safe in case they get sued. I decided they could take it and they did lol
    • Posted

In fact, my gut has been a lot better since the test. I think it appreciated the thorough clear out.
    • Posted

Thanks you've been brilliant

I might message tomorrow if that's ok?

• Posted

Course you can. I'm out in the evening but message me in the day or late evening.
    • Posted

I'm feeling really down . I've taken the picolax and been a few times and had enough. I've got that many other things on my mind I'm not in the right frame of mind to be sitting on the toilet for 5 hours then having something else to worry about tomorrow

I got virtually no sleep. Meant to start the klean prep in 40 minutes

For some reason I'm really thursty

• Posted

You'll hate the taste of Klean Prep ​when you've finished the lot,, do try and finish it all smile
    • Posted

To be honest had the 1st lot banged in orange cordial and just tasted like vanilla with chemical. Expecting to be worse
    • Posted

I didn't mind the taste of mine too much either. Obviously there will always be some people who can't stand a particular taste whatever it is.
    • Posted

You will be really thirsty because it replaces the salts that you lose through going to the loo all the time. That's a good thing because it makes you drink more water.
    • Posted

I've still got 2 pints to go and feel sick and back pains. That normal or sign my kidneys are struggling?
    • Posted

That's all the prep done. Not too bad at all

I'm more worried about the procedure

I remember when first saw consultant he tried to insert something and was too uncomfortable and I was cursing out loud and in pain. I can't imagine sedative gonna stop that? I think I might feel ill but be too doped up to tell them I'm in pain

• Posted

You might just go to sleep! My wife had one a short time ago and came back snoring gently. When she woke up she said it was one of the best naps she has had and then started to eat. 
    • Posted

I took 1st prep at 5 and then 7 and basically stopped going. Is this normal. Thought I'd be on all night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.