Color of my bowel movements

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed about 2 years ago.  Recently my stool is golden brown in color.  I started noticing the change in color some time ago but recently it seems more golden than usual.  One week ago I passed a kidney stone.  would there be any correlation with the stone and the color of my stools?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'd ask your doctor for an ultrasound of your abdomen to see why your bile is reduced.

• Posted

Your gallbladder acts like a tank to store your bile.  When you have no gallbladder, your bile has nonwhere else to go but straight to your inttestines.  This is common after gallbladder removal.  Are you getting any diarrhoea?  If you are, this can be caused by bile acid malabsorption.  A SECHAT scan picks it up and there is treatment to bind your bile salts. Avoid fatty foods.  Your doctor will be able to help you more.
  • Posted

You will be fine okay and  the kidney stone is no longer there okay..
  • Posted

Hi I had my gallbladder removed about 3 years ago now yes ur Pooh can be all different colours as long as not bloody or black u don't have to worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.