Colours of the rainbow?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies well not all colours but do any of you lovely ladies out there have massively different coloured urine regularly? Mine is mostly "normal" but today and recently I've had bright -really bright- yellow urine?? I do eat an awful lot of fruit everyday so is it vitamin c excess maybe or another peri condition?? As always I've now started to worry and need some advice if pos before its off to my doc again!

Thanks so much for any experiences you ladies have had on this issue xxxx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi louise,

usually we see colours of the rainbow if there is some form of oil floating on top....is the pan clean to start with or the flushing water ? or it could be some medication...i always check the colour and texture of stool and urine too...a habit

• Posted

Hiya the urine itself is normal it's just really bright yellow as though I've added yellow food colouring. I eat a really healthy diet so wondered if I am having to much fruit. Stools have been checked and all good but I'll get my urine tested and see doc. Thanks for your reply xxx
  • Posted

Hi Louise...since being in peri another symptom i have had has been a burning sensation just as i start to go to the toilet. I have never had UTIs or Thrush so thought i had better go to doctor. Had tests and all good. It has happened on and off for the last four months near mid cycle so another weird symptom. Sometimes my urine can be quite yellow....i drink heaps more water and it comes right....i think even though i am drinking more water the drenching sweats may be dehydrating me? Just a thought. I know beetroot and foodcolourings can change the colour of your urine so it could be that. If you are concerned go and get a quick urine test at the docs but try upping the water and see how that helps? smile
  • Posted

Are you having any b vitamins? They make urine worrying bright yellow/green almost luminous.
    • Posted

Hiya no I don't take any vitamins at all. I eat loads of fruit and veg though. Or did you mean I should take some b vitamins?😀
    • Posted

No b vitamins make urine bright yellow. I was advised to take some at one point and alarmed that my urine looked like it had come from an alien.

• Posted

your way with words Zigangie is funny, alien urinesmile   b vitamins cause the bright yellow urine Louise, but wonder if food causes it too?  don't know 
    • Posted

Lol - alien we -heh heh. Mann maybe I'm having too much b then? I'll look up what foods it's in as maybe I am overeating. Thanks hunni xxx
  • Posted

Hi Louise, I had this symptom last week, I've never had it before but i noticed after I'd passed urine that the toilet paper was bright yellow (sorry for the description lol)

Don't think I have a urine infection or anything so not sure what caused it

I never really paid much attention to it and it went away

Let me know if it happens again and I'll also do the same

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi brendababy that's exactly the same as me! Zigangie, one of the other ladies on this forum said it was like "alien wee" which is what it felt like as its almost luminous yellow!!

I will check with my doc on 25th and let you know what she says. Reassured that's it's not only me though and thanks so much for letting me know. Big big hugs! XXXX

• Posted

I was told it was due to vitamin b complex I was taking at the time, maybe it wasn't?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.