colposcopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a pap done once I became pregnant and came back a little abnormal so my doctor asked me to come in for a colposcopy, since I was pregnant she just did the vinegar and saw thru the scope she then said it looks good we will re test once you have delivered fast foward 9months later I went in for my pap and came back a little abnormal so they scheduled for a colposcopy and omg that was the worst ever 😩 she kept pushing in trying to find my cervix she was like up and down side to side img so painful she just said oh wow haven't had one of this in a long time it was hard to find , ok so I'm in so much pain after all of this opening of my VG n pushing I'm sucking it up to get her to finish and get accurate results .. all she would tell her helper the nurse is 4pm and would past the instrument she did that like 3 times and the nurse would put what ever it was in a little container .. it was not only uncomfortable like a pap this was excruciatingly painful I left the office walking w so much pain and this is the next day and I'm still hurting, the inside feels very irritating and the (tmi) opening feels so sore like if I just had a baby all over again omg 😩 I forgot to mention after all the procedure was done I sat up before because she was talking to me and I look down she had so blood all over the floor and was like aaahh I made a big mess and wiped it with a wipe .idk but after I was walking out the office she was rushing to her car and got me thinking did she make me go thru all this pain purposely maybe I had held her from doing something I was her last patient of the day idk but I just feel I didn't have to go thru all this pain

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I am sorry that you were caused considerable pain. 

I saw two gynae people from the same team.  Both caused me considerable pain, so much that I ended up in Accident and Emergency with bowel problems.  I went through PALS to complain but that did not get me anywhere. Sounds like a complaint might do something, if more people do this, however, something might be done.

• Posted

omg this ridiculous I wish they would do there jobs correctly instead of been rude and not care if they hurt you or not I have made a decision to change my doctor.. after a week I am still in pain tried having sexual intercourse with my husband and couldn't because of the discomfort she left me with, now I'm wondering if and when will I go back to my normal self
    • Posted

omg how horrible I have not been back to see them I had to go and get my iud put in but I don't want her going in and hurting me agan 😫😫😩so I just rather not go and use my own method of birth control ... where were you seen at?

• Posted

now 6 months later I am now back to normal self .. I had excruciating pain every month when I would get my period and my period was so heavy it was not fun at all .. I can now have sex and enjoy it , it was very sore and painful to have sex for about 2.5 months and after sex I would bleed for a day or two it was not fun at all! TMI I could not get on top my husband had to do all the work because every time I would try it would hurt so much 😭 ... and now when it's that time of the month I can't wear a tampon on my first day because of pain but hopefully everything goes back to my normal self I always had a period of 2.5 days and light now I'm getting back to normal it's 4 days first day is really heavy and goes down each day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.