Colposuspension

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently had colposuspension 10 days ago and are looking for any advice on recovering. I'm really struggling emotionally not been able to do anything and getting frustrated not been able to do anything. I have 2 children and a wonderful husband is been great doing things but I just want to do things for myself. please could anyone give any advice who has had the same operation, thankyou in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Amy, please dont try to overdo things. These procedures take at least 6 weeks before you begin to feel anything like normal. You are lucky to have a wonderful husband who is helping so stop trying to be Wonder Woman and get your feet up and relax.

The more you rest and take it easy, the better the result from this procedure. Just do tiny things each day but as soon as you feel tired stop . No carrying heavy loads or picking up children. Dont stand for more than 5 minutes. No more than 5 mins walk per day. Things will gradually get better as you heal.

• Posted

Operations are great, although i would say that you need to deal with the emotional issues you face and grab a hand from your husband. Negative emotional standpoints ruin relationships and self belief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.