Colposuspension recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have a bladder prolapse and stress incontinence and my surgeon recommended the colposuspension as this would lift the prolapse and fingers crossed stop the leaks.

I had my op 5 weeks ago and my wound has healed really well and the prolapse feels a lot better ( still feel it a little but no where near the bulge pre op) and I’ve sneezed a couple of times with no leaks but my abdomen is still sore and uncomfortable. I’m having pains in my lower abdomen which feel like something is pulling and it is a stinging kind of pain and my upper abdomen is sore and uncomfortable especially when I get up. I wondered if this is normal at 5 weeks post op? Am I expecting miracles? Is recovery a lot longer than 5 weeks? I'm trying to take it easy and not do too much as I don’t want to undo the good work done by my surgeon.

I didn’t ask my surgeon when to start my pelvic floor exercises again, do you think it’s ok to start them now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't start any pelvic floor exercises until your doc gives you the green light. Mine had me wait past the five-week mark.

• Posted

These sort of procedures take longer to recover from than most people think. Treat yourself very kindly and lots of rest with your feet up. It can take up to 3 months.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will put my feet up and rest for a little while longer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.