Combined contraceptive pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

As I suffer from painful, heavy periods, I've been given this pill for my exams, however they start in may and I don't know if my body will adjust in time. I know I will get side effects because my body is often very sensitive to tablets, but do all side effects last for a few months or do they clear before?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You say you are sensitive to tablets,what ones are you referring to?Just b/c you have side effects from one med, it doesnt mean you will for ALL kinds of meds, different meds have different side effects...Side effects are different for everyone,for each drug and depends on the type of med and dosage and you may get none,some or all..in this case, there is a good chance your body may have adjusted by the time of your exams,all you can do is try...be sure if anything bothersome or any bad side effects happen to call your doctor and read any materials given to you about your medication....Good Luck w/your symptoms and your exam!
    • Posted

Thank you! I have now had the pill for a month and just started to get some side effects. I have had some bad stomach aches and nausea, however they are worst on the weekend for some reason? I am going to continue unless they become too uncomfortable, then I'll go to the doctors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.