Come off heparin feel awful

Posted , 7 users are following.

Stopped taking venlafaxin five days ago without doctors knowledge.

I feel awful, sick, hot and cold absolutely ill and feeling petrified.

Could anyone help me and tell me if this is going to get any worse and if I have anything to worry about.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Heather29740,

I did exactly the same thing over Easter and I got some very good advice on here.

I was advised to go back on to venlafaxine and see a GP for a proper reduction programme.

This is an awful drug and it messes you up, I felt worse and worse - nightmares, nausea, vomitting, insomnia and even though I am back on it and trying to reduce I still have bouts of nausea, horrible body jerks etc.

Please get a proper program to come off it slowly.

Good luck

• Posted

Betsy0603 is correct in what she's saying,I went cold turkey from 37.5 but tapered from 150 slowly.it's day 27 without and still suffering day 4 the worst ,I am a hard as nails person but this withdrawal is bad ,get back on them ,then slowly slowly don't want to be a profit of doom but you might be in for a hard time until the get those pills back in your system. be brave and carry on your reduction when you fill better all the best
  • Posted

I agree with the others advice to get back on venlafaxine asap. I've been told by a a CPN that I work with that reduction should be by 37.5mg at a time and reduced very slowly. I'm on 375mg a day and she's suggested I reduce by 37.5mg a month when the time is right. If I'd known that when I started I'd have thought twice about it but it has been effective. If the medication has helped you it would be a shame to undo your progress. My friend has also told me of the serious impact on a friend of hers who was told to stop cold turkey by his GP, he is ok now but was actively suicidal because of discontinuation symptoms and had to be admitted to hospital.....and put back on venlafaxine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.