Come off mirtazapine because of side effects..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on mirt for almost 4 months 15mg upto 30mg.. far to many side effects, which my dr has never heard of!! To then be told I can't go on to citrolpram because we don't have much use for it in the uk. So straight off mirt to venlafaxine no tapering .. 😢

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

this don't sound right, no tapering at all? This could make you feel very unwell. It did me! Do you mind me asking what side effects you were getting on mirt? I think you should speak with your doc again and be sure that their certain that you should not taper. My gp told me to stop mirt without tapering and I became very unwell.

• Posted

I thought so too.. Iv been doing lots of research on here. This in a phyciatrist I see every 3months .. who is there to prescribe .. she makes me feel so much worse than already do.. not often I cry in front of her bt tday was 1 of them.

1st I gained 11lb in less than 2weeks I actually laughed it off didn't think possible & I was actually feeling good about myself. Then I began to feel low again.. thought I'd need upping the dose.. couldn't sleep unbelievable craving for suger/sweets/candy not long after taking the pill. Just a constant battle every day. Getting lower ..I had a relapse .. since then I feel like a time bomb waiting to explode.. have the flu every other week. Havnt been this depressed in ages

• Posted

Hi Sharon

your side effects mirror mine!  It's so difficult isn't it.

I had to reinstate mirt after a 30 day cold turkey as the withdrawal without a taper was unbelievably horrendous.

I'm now back on 15mg and like you got better for a few days then back down to hardly doing anything apart from eating and extreme irritation. Did you go up from 15? If so was it no help at all?

• Posted

I started on 15 2weeks later 30 .. that's wen the problems started for me with no sleep & much bigger increase for suger

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.