Coming into week 6 on citlrapram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I'm coming into week 6 on citlrapram... Have to say the first two weeks off my life but I've come through that and back at work.

BUT the last few days I wake up with the shakes, feeling sick and heart rate high.... Is this normal

Still scared to look after my daughter alone

IS THIS NORMAL XX

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, I am on week 10 of 10mg of Citalopram and the last few days have been a bit rocky. I understand by others who post that this is normal. I am definitely better than i was before I started the medication as I could not cope day to day then. Someone on here said to think of recovery as months rather than weeks with these meds and to do the other practical things we know helps with anxiety and depression, exercise, eating properly, getting enough sleep etc..... I felt really upset when I had this down period as I felt much better the week before but today I decided to just go about my day no matter how I feel as I really do know this will pass. Jeep on keeping on as they say. Things will improve. Stephen
    • Posted

Hi Stephen

Thank you for that...I'm on 20mg and I know they do work!!!

The sleep has got better first 2 weeks I cried. I shook, didn't eat, no sleep, didn't leave the house but I am now back to work... The only thing that panics me now is being with my daughter alone as I do not want her to see my like this...she was too young previously to remember

You are doing the right thing... My mantra is Always what's the worst that can happen!!! You pass out xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.