Coming of the Depo

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have just come off Depo (last shot was Feb)

My boobs are so sore, get bad stomache cramps, weight up and down and I'm so Tierd it unreal, I'm sleeping all night and 3 hours in the day!

I've done a full body detox but feel worse now!

Anyone else's experiences I would be greatfull to hear how to manage symptoms

Thanks

Sarah X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ya.

Most of your symptoms are what I went through when I came off it too, it was pretty horrendous to be honest. I wasn't experiencing the tiredness you have but extremely sore boobs, the worst cramping ever. I also stopped in the month of Feb a few years ago and didnt get my periods back until about May the following year. The cramping is probably the mucus breaking down that stops the sperm entering the cervix. It will pass, but in the mean time for what ever reason you've stopped it, after what I experienced coming off it am now looking for hormone free contraception ie copper coil.

• Posted

Glad it's not just me!

I have come off to try and conceive but after this, I think I will be looking at the cool or something, I'm not going through this again! Xxxxx

• Posted

I absolutely agree! Put me off for life now!

Was brilliant while wanting to be on it, but the withdrawal has been sooo bad!

• Posted

Amazing Thankyou! I've started spotting but is so far and few between 😞 X

• Posted

I dont have experience personally but my best friend was on the depo shot and she hated the side effects. When she went off it she struggled getting her body feeling back to normal and said that acupuncture is what helped her reblanace her hormones and feel normal again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.