Coming off amlodipine help please....

Posted , 10 users are following.

I’m a 42 year old female that was on amlodipine on/off for about a year.  I wasn’t always good about taking it daily until this January.  I was under a lot of stress and was traveling, so I made a point to take this med every day.  I’m not on any other medications.  By the end of January I was absolutely miserable!!  Went to my PCP because I had a headache that was more pressure than it was pain, she sent me home with the usual migraine protocol.  It didn’t do anything.   So she gave me a strong anti biotic, of course that did nothing.    4 days after that visit I was in the ER, my heart was racing and it felt like I was having a heart attack.  They did a CT scan that showed normal except that I had mucus retention cysts in my sinus cavities, but they said that should not be causing these issues.  Next I was sent to the neurologist, they did an mri on my brain which came back good as well.  So I spent the entire month of February barely able to function.  The head pressure, the anxiety had me convinced I would not make it through the night, leg pain and spasms, swollen legs and feet, neck & shoulder pain, brain fog, severely depressed and I just felt sick.  Like I had the flu.  I started taking vitamins and the magnesium and potassium helped....and then on March 1st on found this website.  I immediately stopped taking the amlodipine.  The first few days I noticed improvement and I was so excited...things just kept improving....until last Tuesday.  This time it was more stomach issues initially...bloated, no appetite, and dizzy.   By Thursday I felt like I was right back to the way I felt on the amlodipine. 😢😢.  Those of you that have stopped taking this poison, what have you done to help get through coming off this drug?   I just wanna feel like myself again....please help.   (Ps.  I’m looking for natural solutions...I don’t trust any meds at this point). 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI

I am at present in hospital, and taking;

Perindopril 4mg

Clopidogrel 75mg

I had two very bad falls, (a broken nose, broken fingers and a serious concussion).

The staff here are well aware of this stuff, and wrinkle their nose or look to the sky.

They know what's, what.

But I am getting better day by day.

AVOID THIS STUFF...

• Posted

hello. I came across this post as I am currently dealing with amlodipine horrors. I have been on it for the past 2 years & a couple weeks ago I started experiencing terrible palpitations, anxiety, itching, tingling in hands/feet, lightheadedness & muscle cramps. I went to the ER & had tests ran, all of which normal. I stopped taking the drug 9 days ago & my day fluctuates for the most part. I would feel as though its getting better but then I would start feeling some symptom that creates major anxiety. I am curious to know how long did it take for your side effects to resolve & what helps? Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.