coming off antidepressant Sertraline

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I've been on antidepressants now for 3 years and am on my 2 week of reducing dose. I was on Citalopram for most of the time but felt comatose on it, put on 2 stone and lost my sex drive completely.

Sertraline was better but I still find it tough losing weight despite exercising and my sex drive is non existent.

I have 2 weeks of weaning left but wondered if anyone had successfully come off antidepressants and had their sex drive return and weight loss made easier?

Thanks

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have successfully weaned off of it and my sex drive returned. I have never felt as though the medication caused weight gain for me, so I cannot answer that question except to say that the few times I have gained weight in my life, my sex drive plummeted because of my negative perception of my body image.

Wish you the best!

Dawn

• Posted

Hi,

I have successfully weaned off of it and my sex drive returned. I have never felt as though the medication caused weight gain for me, so I cannot answer that question except to say that the few times I have gained weight in my life, my sex drive plummeted because of my negative perception of my body image.

Wish you the best!

Dawn

• Posted

Hi,

Wish you the best!

Dawn

• Posted

Thank you Dawn Dedee,

That's really promising to hear. I think lethargy created by side effect of antidepressant made me gain weight.

Onwards and upwards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.