Coming off apixaban eliquis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone come off apixaban eliquis? I know everyone is different but how do you feel off of it?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Samantha- congatulations if you are coming off it. Wednesday I was told that I am a lifer.  Mixed feelings.Hope all goes well  for you
    • Posted

I have been told i am a lifer but at moment on warfarin. Having some gastro problems which i am not sure what from.  Dr says i can change to apixaban and i wonder if i might feel better on that. How are you doing as i see you are a lifer too.
  • Posted

hi samantha.i was on apaxiban.had very bad side effects from it.it took 2days for it to get out of my system.am now on warfarin feeling great on it.no side effects.

• Posted

Can you tell me what side effects made you come off apixaban? My dr is trying to get me to stop warfarin and change, i just dont know which one to go for. Any info helpful.
    • Posted

Aside from muscle achs and back pain every now and then i dont have any side effects. I get chest pain every now and then but i dont know what thats from. Im only coming off of it if my ct scan shoes the blood clots are gone next week.
    • Posted

sorry anne only just picked this up. my side effects were horrendous.itching, very red leg.headaches,pains all over body,dizzy spells,and a feeling of suicide.then was put on warfarin i know its a pain keep having to go and have inr checked but its better than side effects from apixaban. but not everbody is the same but try them for yourself and see you might be lucky and have none.hope all goes well. let me know.how you get on.

• Posted

Hi, i am a few days in now and finding each day harder than one before. I feel quite groggy and just cannot get to sleep for headaches, end up taking paracetamol.  Funnily enough it seems like i have flu as my voice has gone like laryngitis and i am sweating in night but not day.  Just feel generally unwell. Feel like foing back to warfarin which ive been trying to get off for,ages.  I havent yet had itching or pians but last night dreamt of suicide. I am very frightened and dont know whether to continue.
    • Posted

hi  you are exactly how i was. please stop and see gp.if you leave it god knows what will happen
    • Posted

Saw GP. She insists i carry on its just start up effects. I am more depressed each day and very fatigued.  Dont know how much longer i can continue. Do you think going back to warfarin will be better? Are you ok now.
    • Posted

please go back if your worried and demand she gives you something else.i didnt have that problem my doc who i might say is brill dont know if i would be here now if it wasnt for him.i know have lymphadema having treatment with our local centre every week.leg isnt brill today think i did too much yesterday.i must admit i have been better since on warfarin. ok its a bind keep having to go and get inr tests but its better than feeling unwell all the time.please keep me informed im here if you need to talk.
    • Posted

I have done as instructed and increased to 5mg last night, she wants me to take it twice a day but i feel so fatigued i cant get my head off the pillow. Its a holiday so drs is closed.  I know if I phone tomorrow she will say stick it out but i just dont know if she realises how bad i feel, its like flu. Maybe this drug just doesnt suit everyone.  Wish there were others on here.  So many have nomside effects. You are lucky with good gp but your side effects were different to mine I think 
    • Posted

In the beginning i had fatigue side effects. I had chest pain amd muscle achs but it got better. I still have a few problems but im coming off of it because my treatment is done.
    • Posted

Good luck getting rid of this.  You will be fine.  I am a lifer and just trying to put out feelers regarding start up effects, you have confirmed fatigue was one so that makes me feel a bit better.  Bit of chest pain too. If you can remember how long did fatigue last
    • Posted

Couple months. Even now i get fatigued amd im about to stop the stuff. It will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.