Coming off bisoprolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've written A thread before about my afib. I've waited 8 weeks for my results (a week after my 48 holter i had a days wait for an echocardiogram) when I last saw my cardiologist he said its nothing even though he didnt read my previous ecgs which were abnormal. He said i can come off the bisoprolol. So I had the letter confirming afib and 8 weeks on I have tried numerous times to come off it but a few hours later i can feel its abnormal and breathless. Is it alright to stay off or do i go back on them?

I am 17 btw,

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow  17!! and afib!! what a bummer.  Some thinking (esp Dr. John Madrone) think that with low stroke risk the less chemical intervention the better. He's an electro-cardiologist who was an endurance athlete and has afib.  So his stuff is very interesting. He also writes for the website and Jounal Cardiology. So no quack.  You might want to read what he has to say.. Best of luck

• Posted

it's John Mandrola  

• Posted

Good advice CDM2. I also try to read all of Dr John Mandrola's stuff 

• Posted

Thanks everyone! I liked his explanations!

I've been off bisoprolol for a week and I noticed something really strange or maybe I'm exaggerating. After I walk or stand up, my heart will race really fast and when I breath in out, my heart stops for a split second and thumps really hard and then continues really fast. This happens for like an hour or so and it's really strange, it palpitates at the same time too however only when I breath in. No idea what this is!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.