Coming off Candesartan 8mg. Half life of this medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

Due to bad dry mouth my doctor suggested i could stop taking this medication for a week and see if it had any effect on dryness. What I forgot to ask my doctor was how long does it take to get this stuff out of your system. I read somewhere that it has a half life of 9 hours. But if i have been taking it for 6 months might it take some time to wean it out of my system completely. Hate how the doctors just often dont give you enough information about anything so your left guessing. Many thanks all =)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Candesartan is an ARB, and I think they clear out of the system pretty quickly, my feeling is that my Olmesartan is pretty much gone within 24 hours and by 48 hours it's like it never happened.

Side-effects might take longer to clear than the drug itself.

• Posted

You have to remember that the body repels things that come into its system. This is why we have to keep taking medications to keep good health. Even changes in dosage make a difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.