Coming off cymbalta

Posted , 4 users are following.

Day 1 

Feeling very dizzy Nauseous and sick just found out about brain zaps when you turn your head and a zapping sensation eyes and head 

Sleeping helps dreams are real and emotional 

Day 2 

Same as day one but getting worse physically sick due to motions and brain zaps 

Sleeping helps started to have green tea 

Dreams really strong tight chest as thou something stuck half way 

Day 3

Again same as previous days closing my eyes brings on nauseous and brain zaps 

Drinking lots of water and green tea 

More sleeping 

Dreamt that I was dying heavy breathing tight chest  again feels something stuck 

Day 4 

Again same as above brain zaps stronger feeling nauseous and sick sleeping lots feeling mixed a motions tearing then happy 

Turning my head and more brain zaps 

Day 5 

Not so tired today drinking detox tea brain zaps when blink not as strong nauseous not as strong 

But feel emotional happy then cried in the car had to put oasis on music 

Also had trouble spelling when working 

Hungry then not 

Smashed two cups this morning coordination issues picking a cup from cupboard

Day 6 going back to work 

Sent home from work due not with it 

Brain zaps getting less frequent nauseous getting better drinking lots of water / tea 

Nettle tea / green tea helping a lot 

Eating feeling hungry subsiding 

Sweating a lot 

Mixed emotions happy , sad , its as thou my Mind / head coming out of a deep sleep 

And waking up can't help thinking where have I been for over ten years laughing is natural seeing my wife my life in a new light !!! 

DAY 7. 

Dizzy bad today / brain zaps bad mood very confused spoken to friends in the park very slow in answering in questions 

Mixed amotions and feelings 

Drinking lots of water still and green tea 

Day 8 

Good day today brain zaps light nausea light 

Headache thou drinking lots of water and green tea 

Good happy mood feeling hungry all the time 

Concentration is ok replying to questions good 

No pauses 

Day 9 

Back to work sent home from work 

Brain zaps nauseous stronger at night starting to have real dreams 

Still drinking lots of water green tea 

Day 10 

Emotional no brain zaps in the day or nauseous 

But had them at night 

Day 11 

Same as day 10 had to go to bed early 

Day 12 

Weird feelings as thou my mind is clearing and I can see properly 

Brain zaps and nauseous not so bad at night but feeling freezing 

Day 13 

Same as day 12 

Day 14 

Some nauseous only light feeling well 

No brain zaps so far 

Still detoxing lots of water green tea / 1 cup of coffee , hunger has stopped 

So I'm through the worst of it I feel I've been looking through fog for the past 13 years it upsets me thinking back as to why I needed them 

I did feel angry in the car but for the first time controlled my feelings and shut it down 

By myself 

I'm going to throw the box of cymbalta out as I have overcome my past a very bad accident that led me to taking cymbalta for 13 years I tried many times to come off them but sort of relapsed mentally and kept on taking them which led to me being overweight no matter how many times I went to the gym I couldn't loose weight , this time now I'm clean i will get back to my normal weight I won't lie I've been 20 stone a bulky 20stone 

This is my short story of coming off cymbalta 

I have kept this diary to help others so I hope it helps 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm thinking of going on Cymbalta and off Remeron.  How many mgs. were you on when starting your taper?

After 13 years how long has it taken you to be Cymbalta free?  Or are you?

I tried tapering Remeron from 30 mgs to zero and got down to 7.5 after 2 months and could go not further.  All the symptoms I had before I went on the med came roaring back.

Now I'm nervous about going on Cymbalta.

• Posted

When coming off anything you must stick to it and fight through the withdrawals it gets better as time goes on 
  • Posted

I hear you. I went through the same when I started withdrawing from Cymbalta. Now I am back again on it and had gained a lot of weight. I wonder if the higher the dose, the more weight gain? I really don't want to take anything but need a natural alternative. Any ideas?

• Posted

Hi 

I started on 160mg and got down to 40mg when I stopped cold turkey the early days was hard but came through it 

• Posted

How long of a time span from beginning to taper to end of taper and off med?

I have to make a decision soon because I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and it's just around the corner.  I want off remeron but as I mentioned, I'm afraid of Cymbalta after reading all the side effects.  It just may benefit me to stay on Remeron.  Sigh.

Thanx

• Posted

Ok going off cymbalta doctors no help at all tell you go off real fast..type in weening of cymbalta and there is alot of people who have written how they got off it slowly

and some schedules you can use as a guide...first of all you have to be on the brand name cymbalta as that way you can count out the beads and lower your dose

the cheaper brand of duloxitine is powdered and you cant use the bead counting method...also i found a website everyone should look at called The Road Back

which is a book written by a doctor to tell you how to get off antidepressants but he posts a free book there to download that explains alot about the weight gain etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.