Coming Off fluoxetine!

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi guys hows it going?......... well its my 3rd day and I'm off the tabs, I was down to taking one every 2 days, a lot of the time I just forgot, I just got fed up taking them, feeling tired - everyday was a drag - headaches -no sex drive - mad thoughts - I'm not saying everyone do what I'm doing just letting u guys know what I'm doing.

I just feel they were a thing I needed for a bad patch I was going through and YES it did help it took the edge off things for a while, but I just didn't wanted to be on them long term (who knows might end back on them again)?

so 3 days off them and I feel ok not bad at all, sleeping ok and head feels fine no pain at ALL! lol so wish me luck and I will keep u all updated on whats happening!

John B

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have been on Prozac for over 5 yrs. I am going through a bad patch, I was on 20mg to 40mg for two weeks. I think I have been on Prozac too long! Doctor has advised to come off for 4 days to try another antidepressant. Am a little scared
  • Posted

John

your post mirrors what im doing. death of my father kid going to uni, hit me like a tidal wave so dr put me on them and it definetely has taken the edge off of my low mood, but im coming off now because i simply cannot cope with the extreme exhaustion im suffering. 11 hrs sleep a night feeling like ive had three. spaced out feeling all day long, a feeling of not really being there. I cant deal with that , i would rather see how i go with coping with my mood and hopefully im over the worst too. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi, just wanting to say well done, I'm currently having to come off my fluoxitine which I was taking 3 a day because my depression got bad again so obviously not working so doc wants to change them so at the moment I'm now taking two a day but not sure how long for till I go down to one doing my head in or should I just stop and start taking the new one just need some advice.

Thanks caroline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.