Coming off gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Please bear with me, this is my 1st post!

I have been on 1800mg a day of gabapentin for about 9 months due to a back problem. In this time I have put on over 2 stone and have now got the point where I've had enough. I went to my doctor on Tuesday and she has advised me to reduce my daily amount by 300mg and then after a week, reduce by a further 300mg. This seems a lot quicker than others have done it although I'm desperate to get off these asap. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you x

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am on 3200 miligrams a day and this is the limit. I have diabetic nerve pain and I cut back to 3 then 2 a day. I had like bee stings in my legs and all over my body. This was a very hard thing to do, but my medicine ran out and I didn't know I could get it here and not in the mail.

Thank you,

Columbus,Ohio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.