coming off heroin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm about to start a rattle from l9ng term heroin abuse was just looking for someone to chat to for support

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. There's lots of really nice helpful friendly people around here with totally varied backgrounds, and most of us are up for a chat :-)

Oly

• Posted

Hi oly that's good to know I'm going to be going through some sleepless nights and low points over the coming week or so so be nice to have someone to chat with me to help me on my road to recovery
    • Posted

Definitely, you gotta scream and shout plenty when the withdrawals kick in! What approach are you going? Cold turkey/taper/substitute?
    • Posted

The hard way mate cold turkey starting tommorow been trying get hold of some valium to help but no luck I have detoxes many times tapering meth and all fail I've cold turkey ed in jail in the past but this is first time at home I just want it out of my life I am lucky I have a great life just the gear messing it up and I've got myself in a right mess
    • Posted

It's evil stuff to be sure. Valerian root is pretty good for anxiety and sleep, you can buy tablets at the pharmacy. They work pretty well for me as an easy and safe Valium alternative. Make sure to get yourself something for your guts too as they will go a bit nuts. Hope it goes well, keep in touch
    • Posted

Thanks oly I know my guts will suffer everything will suffer I'm terrified off what I've got coming but it's got to be done I doubt valerian root would be any use to me in full scale rattle mode
    • Posted

Hi Sam, Good luck on the coming weeks. I can't help with heroin withdrawal but I do know you can get benzos similar to valium legally from those 'research chemical' sites. I know as I use pyrazolam to reduce the anxiety when I withdraw from tramadol. Only thing that would concern me is the risk of becoming addicted to benzos instead if you use them to much and that can be worse than heroin from what I hear. I only use them for the first 3 days of tramadol withdrawal for that reason.
  • Posted

Congratulations for making the decision yourself, that's the most important part. Oly is right Valerian really helps, warm milk and honey, and marijuana, large amounts of those things helped. I have legit detoxed straight from heroin cold Turkey, and its hell. So three weeks ago I did a sub taper, it worked, and now I am one week free of all opiates, it was physically easy, mentally trying, but from wahtw I've realized the power of the mind is the biggest part. Check out my recent thread, heroin addict, rapid sub taper. I initially posted there selfishly, but I started feeling better, and kept posting in there, in hopes that someone like you,at get insight from it
    • Posted

Thanks for your message jrok I'm trying get hold of some valium to help but struggling to get any I've ordered some online but they ain't arrived hope it wasn't a rip off website . I will ask my son in law to pick some valerian up whatever it takes it ain't going kill me I've had enough of heroin running ny life I've just reached a point where I have got to get it gone from my life as besides my addiction I have a great life and an amazing family who are supporting me in my rattle it's not hit yet but it's in the post
  • Posted

Hey there, how is it going?
    • Posted

I've had a week from hell although when I got really sick collapsing and stuff I got a little bit to take the worse off . On a brighter note my caseworker has bought my appointment forward till Tuesday with her and the doctor so I'm asking for a small dosage of methadone hopefully reducing a few mils every few days till the nightmare is over and with methadone I should be able function as I've not left my living room for a week other than the two trips to get a bit of gear . My advice to anyone is to cut down and get treatment as cold turkey is not the way to go . It's certainly made me realise just what I've done to myself
    • Posted

Awww! Its a bitch, last time I went cold Turkey from about 2 buns a day, I thought I would die. The sub taper worked for me this time (hopefully the last time) , if you plan to use methadone, idk how the clinics do, but try and get as low a dose as you can stand, and try not to let it cloud your vision, you want to be clean, you wouldn't be here if not. Don't get discouraged, it doesn't happen overnight!
    • Posted

Nice work keeping going and not losing the plot, withdrawal is just horrific and you must have got a massive slap from it. Fingers crossed they offer you a short term substitute to help you through .... quickly!
    • Posted

I'm lucky to have the support of my family my daughter is going lend me her car to go get some gear to get me through till Tuesday . I figure what's the point in continuing to be in this horrific state when in a matter of days I will be on methadone and will be able to function . I was considering asking for for suboxone or subutex but I have no knowledge of them and don't know how reducing on them works I know where I'm at with methadone I came off it before using methadone
    • Posted

I think Subutex/Suboxone are similar to Methadone, so you use it as a substitute but don't take it long enough to become physically dependent/addicted. Usually withdrawal is done in 3 weeks so that's how long you take the sub. I did a similar fast detox with Britoflex/Lofexidine - it's not addictive but takes all the withdrawal away, fantastic stuff!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.