Coming off hormones !! Agh!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive slowly weaned off my hormones with 1/2 patch for a while and now no patch . they put about 30-40 lbs on me ! i am finding though im more weepy sad depressed . i also have ebv mono so the whole thing isnt helping .

has anybody else come off hormones ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was only thinking of contacting you yesterday to see how you are doing. I havent come off mine yet, but have reduced, and feeling a bit despondent and flat, and some aching of joints etc. Not sure if its that or change of season (Coming into autumn where I live). What are you going to do? Are you going to stick with it?

• Posted

stick with no hormones ? yes for now. i may when hopefully better and stronger try to find one that wont make me put on weight as i just couldnt go on . no clothes fit me all i can wear are leggings and big sweatshirts. i feel pretty damn low but im sure i'll level out soon .

• Posted

Hey Lori

Can you try a different type? I guess it can be necessary to change brands to find the best fit for you. I've never tried the patches, bhrt and now synthetic hrt but it can be a bit trial and error xx

• Posted

omg i dont think its worth it to be honest .

i may go back on the cream instead of the patch when im well . right now just want to be skinny !

• Posted

Hi Lori,

I think I have been on HRT patches for a yr now and nowhere near ready to try and come off it. but i was wondering how long you were on it for?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.