Coming off HRT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi im Debbie and new to this forum  , I've been on HRT for about 3 years and have been advised to come off it , im looking at making changes to my diet , such as switching to soya milk completly i aready do clean eating so limit salt & sugar intake etc  but hopeing for some advice,  GP suggested fitting a a coil to help but im not to sure ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A change of diet is what most of us in the West need. We eat far too much processed 'industrial' food. A wise woman recently told me we should not be eating anything our grandparents wouldn't recognise.

Soya milk is perhaps not such a good idea. Much of the soya out there is GM, which means it is tolerant to systemic herbicides/pesticides. Do you really want those in your system?

I keep banging-on about Vit D, but it is SO important to our general health and most of us are lacking in it. Japanese women who follow a traditional diet don't know what hot flushes are - perhaps there is something in that. Most of their Soy is non GM (at the moment)

• Posted

Hi Debbie, May I ask how old you are?  I have to agree about the Soya, I don't trust it either.  I switched over to only organic milk, and I can't believe the difference it has made in my system!  I swear by it!  If you want to try something different, the almond organic milk, I have heard has helped a lot of women too.  I personally am not wild about it, I can only take it in small amounts.  I have switched over to "Fage" 2% yogurt, and I put fresh fruit and organic granola, just sprinkle some on top, and I love it for breakfast.  The Fage yogurt has 20% protein, and I love it!  As soon as I start eating cereal...even healthy measured cereal...I start gaining weight, as soon as I stop it, I start losing weight.  I feel so much better now that I have made the change in my morning breakfast alone!  And I find now that I am not as bloated, like I was when I used non fat milk.  Now I don't even want milk.  When I lived in Austria, I ate more like the Europeans, the organic yogurt with organic granola in the morning...I felt so much better...then when we moved back to the U.S., I went right back to the old ways...The Europeans eat so much better than we do...much more HEALTHY!  NOw, I am going back to it, and I am back to feeling better!  As far as the coil, those things scare me, so I am not a good one to give you advise on that, but what I will tell you is, that two of my friends have tried it, and they have moved, and caused them some awful problems, and had to have them removed.  It took a long while to get back to normal, and gone back on HRT, and are on the road to feeling much better.  Good luck to you, what ever way you choose to go.
    • Posted

I agree completely. I would have said the same as you, but thought I had wittered on long enough.lol

Fat doesn't make you fat - sugar does, and that includes all those yummy breads and cakes.

Tuesday is my shopping day, so I will soon be heading out to drive the 50 mile round trip to the 'big' shops where I hope to stock up on organic milk and veg, raw honey, cider vinegar, grass fed meat and other goodies.

Since I cut out sugar and 'factory' bread, I have lost 10lbs with no effort! Now all I have to do is sort out the joint pain and meonopausal crankiness and job done!

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.