Coming off klonopins

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been out of klonopins for 5 days feel terrible any suggestions on how to make withdraw symptoms easier

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You shouldn't just stop taking them, it's too dangerous. Go back to whoever prescribed them and sort out a taper plan to reduce gradually

• Posted

I was looking forward to some replies for this.

Because I have an alcohol problem and was warned by Dr. that if I drank again she would shut off the prescription of benzos.

Well, I have drank again, I did not go to an appointment so I'm going to be shut off.  I have an appointment with her on Monday....Honestly 2 months ago they stopped me from 90 down to 30.....Now this 30....I'm trying not to take them...and it kills my stomach when I get anxiety....and I end up taking one.

SO...that said...I'm going to be coming down too...I've read that Passion Flower is as effective for anxiety as any benzo....so possibly give that a try?

There are other herbs as well...but everything i read...led me to believe that Passion Flower would work the best.

How are you feeling now?

• Posted

Hi jess 

coming off benzodiazepam,s is one of the hardest things to do ( even worse than opioids ) however you need to get help from your local drug service as soon as possible ..  

in regards to making withdrawal symptoms easier there are some over the counter meds that can help which include :

buscopan ( to relax the guts which can spasm during withdrawal 

vitamin B12 ( to help your body adjust after the meds ) 

tonic water ( contains quinine ) helps with any leg jerking/cramps and very helpful during any withdrawal 

another prescription only med that can help is "gabapentin" .. this works in a similar way to benzo,s and is used in other countrys ( such as usa ) when going through benzo withdrawal .. however speak with your doctor about this and see what he/she says 

the trick is to reduce and not cease .... but this is something you need to speak with your doctor .. urine sample and they will know you have been taking klonopins and they can then either reduce you or send you to a specifc drug service you can reduce you there 

dont suffer in silence 

best wishes jess 

brian 

• Posted

Hi jess 

coming off benzodiazepam,s is one of the hardest things to do ( even worse than opioids ) however you need to get help from your local drug service as soon as possible ..  

in regards to making withdrawal symptoms easier there are some over the counter meds that can help which include :

buscopan ( to relax the guts which can spasm during withdrawal 

vitamin B12 ( to help your body adjust after the meds ) 

tonic water ( contains quinine ) helps with any leg jerking/cramps and very helpful during any withdrawal 

another prescription only med that can help is "gabapentin" .. this works in a similar way to benzo,s and is used in other countrys ( such as usa ) when going through benzo withdrawal .. however speak with your doctor about this and see what he/she says 

the trick is to reduce and not cease .... but this is something you need to speak with your doctor .. urine sample and they will know you have been taking klonopins and they can then either reduce you or send you to a specifc drug service you can reduce you there 

dont suffer in silence 

best wishes jess 

brian 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.