Coming off mirt

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've tried coming off mirtazapine many times before but failed. I've gone 3weeks mirt free and boy it's hard. I'm having terrible anxiety the sickness feeling is horrendous. I don't want to eat anything, when I don't  eat I get what I can only say is trapped wind (indigestion) which then makes the anxiety twice as bad. I hated feeling like I was in a bubble every morning I woke. I look after my grandchildren so I need to have my wits about me. I have suffered since I was 22 I'm now 50. I've only been on mirtazapine for roughly 31/2 years on and off. It's nice to read everyone's comments to know I'm not alone. I've got a wonderful supportive family but it's great to hear from people going through the same thing. X 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's very hard! I tried last week I went cold turkey for 6 days off 7.5mg because it's stopped working....now I'm back on them at 30mg! It was horrendous, waking up every morning with severe anxiety I felt so disconnected from my body and that was giving me panic attacks, I felt hopeless! I'm trying to get better now back on the mirtazapine and I never want to feel like that again! I also lost half a stone on 6 days! Best to wean off mirtazapine very very slowly! Good luck 😊

• Posted

Pamela I feel the same, I just so wish I could feel normal. It's constantly on my mind. I think being on the change has had a big input with my anxiety too. 

I haven't weighed but I know I've lost weight I can tell in my clothes. Hope you feel a little less anxious soon! 😘

• Posted

75.  Symptoms are not good.  I can cope with the anxiety and the nausea, dr gave me pills,for,that, but the depression side is bad, i hadnt expected that.  Dont want to get up and have to,push to get dressed and function at all.  Are you feeling this?  Can you manage to go out?  Fresh air does help. My family have been so good bu ti struggle to enjoy my grandchildren as i feel so rotten.
    • Posted

The doctor gave me 15 mg but I used to cut them in half. I found 7 1/2 mg was enough for me. Any higher dose and I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. I had a few months on the sick cos I couldn't cope. When I went back to work in June I had to lower my dose cos I'm up at 5 am and I was struggling. I keep telling my family mirtazapine has helped me, it's a good drug if you got nothing to do. I'm trying so hard this time to get off it, I'm sick of feeling lost and spaced out all the time. I love running so I've taken that back up its just very hard to fit it in. When I run I don't feel the anxieties it really does help. I ran my first half marathon on Sunday without any anxiety symptoms. Today they are as bad as ever, I suffer with health anxieties so every pain I have my mind goes into overdrive.  

Ann I try to go out as much as I can but I've really got to push myself. It's really is difficult but I'm trying to think positive, this has ruled me for 28years so now I'm going to try and get shot of it.. 

Its just nice not to feel alone. X

• Posted

hi i have been on 30 mil martazipne for nine mths

it helped me get my act togeather but now

suffering chest pain with trapped wind and i think its the tablets causing it

i am now going to start cutting dose down

to 15 mil one night and 30 mil the next for a week then down to 15 mil daily to see if it helps

has anybody had this problem

will let u know how i get on

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.