Coming off mirtazapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm coming off mirtazapine. I started reducing last night with half of a 15mg tablet. I had a terrible night. Tonight the same regime for ten days then half for another ten days alternate nights then hopefully I shall be off it! I continue to take lithium and prothiaden. Wish me luck??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Pooh bear

good luck with coming off mirtazapine,you must be doing really well if its being discontinued.I know it can make you feel really bad stopping any meds but hang in there and look forward to getting back to your old self!

Did you see your psychiatrist? Ive been on 15 for a while having come down from 45mg quite quickly and was fine so hopefully you will too,thinking of you

JoX :lol:

• Posted

Saw my psychiatrist on 30th April and he said I could try to come off it. I am feeling so much better but I'm aware I'm still quite vulnerable. I am still taking lithium 1,000mg and prothiaden 150mg so still heavy meds I'm afraid. The mirtazapine was added in because I had a relapse. He wouldn't increase the mirtazapine and decrease the prothiaden because I have put on too much weight. Pooh.
  • Posted

Im still eating for England and putting on weight because of the olanzapine 15mg per day,raboxetine has loss of appetite listed as a side effect thank god!Im only on 500mg of lithium but my bloods are stable at 0.61 so the psychiatrist is happy with that.Well get there evntually wont we.I know what you mean about being vulnerable,working seems a very long way off but im pinning my hopes on the new med(Again!)

take care

Jox

• Posted

Hi pooh bear,

in what way did you have a bad night ? [with reducing the mirtazapine ] i mean.. smile x

• Posted

I couldn't get off to sleep and had lots of dreams kept waking up. Putting off going to be bed as husband is away and my cat isn't a very good bedfellow. Still no night terrors. Wanted to stick to the old dose but will persevere with a half tablet again tonight see if I sleep any better!
  • Posted

Not sleeping very well and not able to get off to sleep so I was tired this morning. Nearly took some zopiclone but didn't. Will persevere hopefully this gets better.
  • Posted

HI Pooh

the reboxetine stopped me sleeping in spite of my continuing 15mg of mirtazapine.I had terrible restless limbs and had to resort to a diazepam to keep them still long enough for me to drop off.I thought the lower dose of mirtazapine was more sedating and would have over ridden anything else but no such luck.Have felt that new med strangeness all day,everything looks a bit too clearly defined,no appetite,sitting staring into space etc.I do appreciate the docs need to try lots of different meds on us to get it right but I feel ive tried my fair share now and deserve one to be right!

Jox :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.