Coming off Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i've only been on mirtazapine for just 2 weeks taking 7.5mg. i want to come off these, is it safe to take one then miss a dose and so on until i can stop.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure you want to come off them so soon? 2 weeks is not nearly enough time to let Mirt start working and having a positive effect. These things take time. Unfortunately, you have to stick with them and gradually get better. You can't expect to instantly feel un-depressed after just 2 weeks. But if you really want to stop taking them. Consult your doctor. We aren't qualified to give you medical advice regarding stopping or stating new medication.

• Posted

Are you sure you want to come off them so soon? 2 weeks is not nearly enough time to let Mirt start working and having a positive effect. These things take time. Unfortunately, you have to stick with them and gradually get better. You can't expect to instantly feel un-depressed after just 2 weeks. But if you really want to stop taking them. Consult your doctor. We aren't qualified to give you medical advice regarding stopping or stating new medication.

• Posted

Do you think taking them in the morning would be better. I'm only taking these for anxiety and lack of appetite but leave me feeling groggy all day

• Posted

You're supposed to be taking them at night time. Preferably before bed. They are also used for people with insomnia. If you take them in the morning, of course you will feel groggy and tired. They're meant to aid sleep. Did your doctor not tell you this?

• Posted

he is 100% correct. give them longer to work, you take them at night. the grogginess will wear off in a few weeks. if you come off them, you are likely to go back to the same state you were in before. anxiety and not being able to eat, is very likely to get worse, and turn into deppression the longer it carries on. if you come off mirt, its likely you would need something else.

• Posted

yes take in the evening. i've just had a call back from doctor who said take the pill earlier in the evening, i've just taken it now and she said give tablets couple more weeks and side effects should go

• Posted

The medication should work in cohesion with a healthy diet and daily exercise. Also make sure to stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Mirtz can only do so much. You have to do as much as you can to help it work. Otherwise you won't have any improvement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.