Coming off mirtazapine/Remeron

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey everyone

i have severe health anxiety, general anxiety and panic disorder.

I am on mirtazapine, seroquel and zoloft. I am tapering off mirtazapine as I have gained so much weight.

I have two doctors (in the same practice), one of them wanted me to stay on mirtazapine and the other wants me off it so I'm torn.

I've been on 45mg mirtazapine for over a year.

my doc has told me to do the following plan:

30mg for 2 weeks

15mg for 2 weeks

7.5mg for 2 weeks

then stop.

I'm so scared I'm gonna die from withdrawals. I'm day 2 going from 45mg to 30mg. I've been super anxious. and have physical symptoms (they're my anxiety/panic symptoms)

I think I'll be ok once I know that withdrawals won't actually kill me.

people have told me that I'm tapering too fast and I am worried if I see my doc he won't suggest a slower way of getting off of it. I'm worried I'm tapering too fast and it's gonna kill me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

I would tapper as slow as you possibly can, not because it will kill you otherwise, simply because it will minimize withdrawal symptoms x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.