Coming off Mirtazipine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Since being on mirtazipine I've gained 10kg!

I'm currently on a dosage of 45mg at night. From tonight 17/05/17 I'm going to take half (22.5mg) for the next week. Then half again (11.25) for a week. Then go cold turkey.

My doctors are not helpful and I've been asking to come off mirtazipine for 2 months. They just keep saying that I need to wait for the referral to the psychiatrist. Which could take up to 6 months. I really can't risk the current weight gain I'm on. I don't fit in any of my clothes and I am so self conscious. It makes me cry all the time. I feel so fat and ugly.

Will keep you updated. Anyone think I'll have really bad withdrawals? I'm so angry that I was put on medication that would give me withdrawals. I would never have taken this if I had known the weight gain or that it can be hard to come off.

Hayley

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 1 - no problems

Day 2 - no problems

Day 3 - major nausea beyond my normal and nothing seems to make it go away.

Day 4 - hard to eat as I'm so nauseous

Note: I suffer from chronic nausea due to my anxiety but this just feels worse as lorazepam and anti sickness tablets don't take it away. sad feeling hopeless

• Posted

There are many reports of people trying to get off this.  Too many.  There does seem to be a way round it which is by gettig iqd to reduce. Might help if you could look into it. I am at 7.5 and not well, but cant budge.
    • Posted

Now that I'm off it I really don't want to be back on it! I'm just going to persevere.

• Posted

Good for you, do keep posting to let us knowmhow you are. Hope a better day today for you
    • Posted

Keep going if you can.It will be a rough patch for a while,but hang in there! Prayers!!! God Bless You,Bob
    • Posted

Day 4 up until 5 with panic attacks and severe nausea

Day 5 so nauseous all day, anxiety through the roof, suicidal thoughts at one point. Went for an emergency appointment with the doctors as it had been over 24 hours of constant panic and wrenching. taken extra lorazepam to help. It eases. Hope tomorrow is better!

• Posted

Hi notthatginger,Take it as best you can.God is with you and Jesus is helping you pull through.I wish I could help by being there because having others with you helps, but I'll continue to pray for you! God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.