Coming off Omeprazole

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been on them for 6 weeks 20mg once a day. reduced the last week to every other day. soon as i tried 2 days off in a row i had horrific heartburn so i went back on them. i dont no if it was caused by the digestive problem im having still being there or if its just because ive come off the meds? how do you know? How have people successfully come off Omeprazole?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hello,

I was on them about three years ago. I stayed on for about three months. I was told by my Doctor they are not to be used for long term. I found they did help but depleted my Vitamin B levels. What helped me was taking a probiotic in the morning. I would also take oil of oregano, pinch of baking soda with water when needed, and drink lime water (squeeze lime in water and drink before meal or with meal). It helped with the digestive problems, and feeling as if my food was not going down. I also switched to organic diet. Good luck.

• Edited

thank you thats great to hear of some natural remedies. im yet to find out what caused my sudden heartburn. im praying after coming off Omeprazole in two weeks it will be resolved. i am a bit scared to stop the omeprazole as the intense heartburn really freaked me out and im worried if it does come back that something is wrong. i have heard coming off Omeprazole has rebound effects. I'll definitely be trying some natural techniques so i can hopefully stay off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.