Coming off serterline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya all I'm looking for some advice,I've been on sertrline for around 3 yrs now and really want to come off them completely.Im currently only taking half of a 50 mg tablet a day so like 25mg a day,has anyone come off these tablets recently not sure if I'm best taking 25mg every other day or breaking the tablet in half and taking 1.25 everyday ?? What do you think 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

disscuss it with your doctor as id did this with another tablet and 6 months down the line depression hit me hard

• Posted

Hiya I'm sorry to hear this ??But thank you for replying,I think from reading all the comments on withdrawetinh from sertraline I know I have to do it very very slow !i have an appointment with doc in 2 weeks so will discuss it with her 

• Posted

Hi Marie,  I've recently come off these (though am on something different).  25g is not tto bad.  If you are sure you are ready to come off;  Firstly, you should talk it through with your doctor and if they're ok, you'll need to gradually come off still.  Usually  (if you can break it) 12.5 a day for a week before going every other day for a week then seeing how you go without.

I wish you well but if you do feel that you need it do talk to the doctor straight away. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.