Coming off sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I've been on sertraline since mid October started off on 50mg for a week then 100mg for 3 weeks then 150mg. Anyway its not done much for my anxiety but weirdly enough since reducing to 100mg and after a week on that have reduced to 50mg and I feel mentally better! I don't think sertraline was the right medication for me but antidepressants work differently for everyone. I'll be switching to venlafaxine next week and hoping they will work for me. Take care everyone x 😊

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try Ashwagandha for Anxiety..It does wonder and no side effects (herbal) Do Google search
  • Posted

Hi Pamela 

My story is very similar to yours. Started sertraline in November and built up dosage, now on 200mg for about 5 weeks or so. I’m better but not 100% and doc has suggested I try Venlafaxine. How are you getting on with it? 

• Posted

Sertraline did nothing much for me had no problem coming off it. Been on venlafaxine now for 2 weeks and seems to be doing something much better then sertraline so fingers crossed x
    • Posted

Hi Victoria

I was on sertraline for about 7 weeks, 3 on 100mg. Side effects were awful mainly the constant diarrhea. I changed to venaflaxine 37.5 mg 4 days ago hoping this will work better for be x

• Posted

I started reducing my sertraline dose today. I hope Venlafaxine works better for you ... any side effects? x 
    • Posted

Sertraline is not the easiest drug to get on is it? Side effects for me were hell. I hope Venlafaxine works for you... have you had any side effects so far? 
    • Posted

Hi Victoria, some mild ones but nothing compared to the ones I experienced with the sertraline. Only one week in and at 37.5mg but so far has kept my anxiety at bay until today but that more than likely as I drank yesterday x
  • Posted

I felt my best when I dropped down from a 100mg to 25mg before stopping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.