Coming off the depo injection

Posted , 3 users are following.

I came off the depo injection in November 2016 ever since then I've had the majority of the symptoms stated for come off it. Pregnancy like symptoms, -aching boobs, weight gain, head aches, nausea etc my period is back and quite heavy and irregular also. It's been 4 months now and there's no sign of it getting better only worse just wondered how long it takes to be over all of this and back to normal! I'm on no other birth control and from this experience don't ever want to be again!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennie,

I came off in June 2016 but I'm experiencing the opposite effects it seems! I've only just started having pregnany like symptoms as you mentioned, so it's taken me nearly 7/8 months to start getting back to normal.

Have you spoken to your GP? They might be able to give you some advice. I was told that your periods may come back in the same way as they were before you went on the depo, i.e. if you had irregular times and heavy ones before, you're likely to experience the same after coming off.

I was told it can take up to a year to get 'back to normal' unfortunately. Hope things change soon for you though, I can imagine it's not particularly nice & you seem like you're in the same boat as not knowing when you're periods are going to arrive (I have none). x

• Posted

Hey

i have had exactly the same problems

i came of depo in Feb 2016

to be honest I've still got those symptoms now

its just normal I think which you're not warned about before hand! What about seeing your gp about the pill for a few months to sort your cycles out to become more regular?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.