Coming off the tablets

Posted , 2 users are following.

[i:4c008315bd]Still feeling mixed up after coming of the tablets and feeling really sick and light headed in the mornings but feel better as the day goes on but them it has only been three weeks. Has anyone had any problems coming of this medication. :? [/i:4c008315bd]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I presume you mean Citalopram? I've been off it for two days now and my god, do I feel light-headed and dizzy, with a weird \"fizzy\" feeling in my top lip, oddly enough....
  • Posted

Hi there,

I have just gone cold turkey , 12 days now, wasnt pre meditated just never had time to get prescription etc, honestly i feel so so much better, i was on 20mg for 8 months, was determined to wean off them but just went cold turkey, had a few \"fuzzy\" spells but now im fine, yes my personal life is better than it was but i am so much more able to cope. Im not advocating to anyone to do wot i did , every one to their own and u shud really seek the drs say so, i didnt coz i felt strong enough,maybe i ws foolish, all im saying is that i feel like so much better being off them, even my friends notice a difference, i may need em again 1 day, hopefully not, i got through the lowest ebb i have ever xperienced, never wanna feel like that again, never it was horiffic at times, i suppose tabs helped, dunno but i never wanted to rely on them , just that im off them now and and god damn determined to stay off em...........good luck to all, Katy, Melbi, Stilman, Breezeman, beenm through the rollercoaster off life, life is treaing me well at the mo, feeling best i have in years, i mean it, to all , post on here, it helps so much, i had 8 months of sh*t , and i mean sh*t, alot of others have endured more, my probs still exist but mentally i can cope now, on my own, no medication and that feels good, anyone reading this, never ever think there is no good left , there is and it will come, be strong, think of yourself and do things that make U smile, im gonna stop now , waffling on, but to all, do what u think is right and will assist in helping u get through the tough times of depression, once u experienced it, god u just wanna talk and help others who have, love to all

ja

• Posted

:shock: [b:24e44c986e]Happy birthday to me , happy birthday to me 8)

Hi guys, dropping 10mgs, back onto 20, actually thinking about ditching it completely sod the side effects. I definately somesort of pmt thingy, but aw weel heck, I am off now to try and climb a mountain :P Have fun chicks, and remeber chin up , nipples out and be as cheeky as you can without being arrogant, from tt, no more tears thank you very much missy :D [/b:24e44c986e]

• Posted

Hi Katy,

whose decision was it to drop you down 10mg? anyway im glad u feeling perkier today, i wouldnt go cold turkey unless advised mate, pot calling kettle black, its my 15th day now and i feel absolutely fine, but i wud say that thats not advisable, worked for me but some people may suffer bad side effects, to b honest if had would have gone back on em and got off slowly, well done Katy, hope this positivity continues and keep posting, such a great site, take care.

JA

• Posted

[i:ed5e294106]hi all went back to doctors as after nearly 4 weeks off the medication am feeling as i am going back down as i really had to force myself to do things so he has decided to put me back on 20mg of citalopram as he thinks it could be Anxiety aswell as depression. so i am feeling really fed up as i thought i was doing well but them the doctor knows best sad [color=darkblue:ed5e294106][/color:ed5e294106][/i:ed5e294106]
  • Posted

Feeling really dizzy /sick Finding it hard to balance,,,,but its cool, cause i am finding the things I do funny....thank god hes at work/. I can slag myself off all the time, but he aint allwoed to slag me off. He is such a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaa okay you lot can spell it for me :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.